Monday, December 29, 2008

Neighborhood treats.

For our neighborhood treats we always do chocolate covered pretzels. We start out with the big 6lb coscto bag and 4 bars of almond bark. I ended up buying about 4 more bars to get it all done and we got sick of it around 4lbs of pretzels and quit. Normally, for the last 5 years, I have hand dipped each pretzel. It took forever! This year, for the first time, I happened to read the back of the chocolate and it said to dump the pretzels into the melted chocolate and then just pull them out...what a concept!! They weren't as pretty as usual but it sure went ALOT faster!!!

Don't you just love how kids still think chores and work is "Fun"?!
They were big helpers this year and actually did more than half of the pretzels for me.



These are our first two papers full of pretzels.
We ended up with about 27 plates of pretzels plus a bagful leftover for us. I think I have to find something easier to make or give out less treats:)





2 comments:

Andrews Family said...

How fun! What good little helpers you have!! I can't believe you hand dipped each pretzel in years past. Morgen!! That is insane!! Especially when you did this many treats!! I'm sure your neighbors loved them!!

Miriam Lusk said...

Yum! I wish I were your neighbor!