Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Last of the vacation.

This was our last night in Oceanside, CA. We packed and then went and ate dinner at a fish'n'chips place in the harbor. it was a fun last night...well, as fun as the last night of a vacation can be:)




We stayed in Vegas on the way home, we stayed at Exalibur and took the kids to the Tournament of Kings dinner show. It was so much fun. There were no camera's allowed during the show cuz of the horses so I didn't get pics but it was so much fun. The kids thought it was so fun to eat with your hands and yell and pound the tables and watch horses and fighting. We will definetely go to that show again!




This was the guy who played the Dragon. We were in his cheering section so he came over after the show.


Don't ask me why Devin looks so angry:)


Lexi loved the horse...she LOVES animals, it's so cute to watch her when she see's one.




We went over to the Bellagio. These are just some random pics.






We had lots of fun in Vegas. We spent most of Saturday there and were supposed to head home sunday morning but got sucked into a timeshare presentation and didn't get on the road til late afternoon. The worst part...we bought the timeshare:) just kidding, well, not just kidding, we did buy it, I mean about it being the worst part. We are really excited about it. We have been to several timeshare presentations and there were always things we didn't like about them but we couldn't pass this one up. We get 6 weeks a year...6! and 2 of them are rollover weeks that we never lose. one of our weeks is memorial day week and we always get that holiday or can trade for another holiday. The other weeks we can take whenever and wherever. Vegas is a hotspot so it has a lot of trading power so we can either go to vegas or we can swap for anywhere in the world for less than $100/week. We can also trade in for cruises and all kinds of stuff. We are super excited to start using it. We are probably going to rent out all 6 weeks for the first couple years and let it pay for itself then start using it. So, if you ever want to go on vacation, give us a call and we will hook you up with a good deal on a place to stay:)




On the way home we discovered that Lexi can use a straw:) This is Hadley sharing his milkshake with her. That drive home was horrible. She decided at that point that she had absolutely HAD IT with being in the car so much the last week. She started screaming in St.George. We thought she would cry for a bit and then go to sleep but nope..she screamed from St.George to Provo...and I am not exaggerating. It was torture!! The poor kids were trying to watch a movie but couldn't hear it over her. And ever since, she hates the car. It doesn't matter if we are driving 5 minutes to the grocery store...she cries the whole way. I don't think we will be driving anywhere with her for a long time.













4 comments:

Jensen Memories said...

I am glad your family liked Vegas. We went there last February with Owen's family and we all HATED IT. Owen and I decided if we ever go back, it will be to soon. We also stayed at the Excalibur and went to the Tournament of the Kings. It was AWESOME!! That is the only thing we liked, ok LOVED, about Vegas. I love the pics.

Morgen said...

Vegas is hard to enjoy when your a mormon:)You have to spend alot of money to have fun. We did the mandalay bay shark reef (which after seaworld was lame) Bellagio was cute and of course the tournament of kings...everything else about vegas sucks!:) Our timeshare resort is actually a little away from the strip in a very family friendly condo thingy...and no, it's not tahiti viliage:) it's nice cuz you are far enuf from the strip but still close enough to go do stuff there.

Miriam Lusk said...

I didn't know you went to Oceanside! I have family on Oceanside and have been there alot. I have never been to Vegas though. I hear mixed reviews on it. Kyle was supposed to take me this year, but then my sister got married and we had to fly to indiana and couldn't afford Vegas anymore. oh well.

Erin said...

I loved Vegas when I went...it was back in HS and we went with band 3 years. I think I wouldn't like it so much now with being married and having 5 kids!