Well, I am determined to get caught up on blogging in the next couple weeks. I have decided that when I get my blog book made, I want to do it by year, ya know a 2008 book, 09 book etc... so that means I gotta get all my unfinished blogs done and finish christmas shopping and eventually wrap all the christmas stuff, no pressure:)
I discovered something today that I am not very happy about...more gray hair! Come on people, I am twenty-fricken-nine years old...not 39, why on earth is my hair going gray?! Luckily most of it is in the under-layers of my hair so other people don't notice it, but I know it's there. Maybe I shouldn't have wished that people would quit telling me I look so young:) my one consolation is...peter has alot too:)...he will deny it, but he does!
We are testing a new theory with Lexi. I think she has some sort of milk allergy. we all know it runs in my family like crazy. I have almost died 3 times in my life from it. Hadley gets breathing problems when he has it, my Dad has major problems too. Anyway, I know that I have heard somewhere that sometimes it can have an effect on personality, rather than breathing problems or whatever. Lexi used to be the most cheerfull baby. She was always happy, never cried, slept all night etc... we used to joke that she was our reward for surviving the boys. But, about 2.5/3 months ago she started getting really irritable and fussy, we attributed it to teething. But she has gotten worse and worse and there are no teeth coming in. She is the fussiest, most clingy irritable baby ever...her evil twin has come to live with us!!:)
We took her in for her 1 year check up last week and she has dropped from the 45% to the 10% in weight. The dr. says a little drop is normal when they get mobile but not that big of one. So that, plus the fussiness...we think there may be something wrong. I have been praying that we would figure it out cuz I can't take seeing her like this...and, well, I just can't take it period:) Today I was just sitting with her and the milk allergy thing just popped into my head. I googled it(i love google!) and the symptoms in babies can include being really fussy and irritable. and a slow in growth cuz they aren't absorbing the nutrients they need from it. I started thinking about it and about 2.5/3 months ago is when she quit nursing and we put her on formula...lightbulb moment!:) So, I went to the store tonight and got her milk free, lactose free soy-based formula...I am praying that this is the problem and that we will get our sweet Lexi back soon!!
3 comments:
Oh, I hope you get it figured out soon! Especially for you sake!
Our daughter Sunny has a definate "mood related" milk alergy. It took us 2 1/2 years to figure it out. Same thing you've described ... super happy baby, turned one, started on cow's milk, cranky and fussy ALL the time! It had escelated to massive inconsolable tantrums. She's start screaming/crying so hard that she'd barely be able to breath. We'd try and help calm her out of it, "Breath Sunny, just stop and take a breath." To which she'd respond, "(Wahhh) I can't .. I just can't (wahh, wahh) do it (wahh)."
One day our lightbulb turned on too. We switched her over from cow's milk on her cereal to rice milk. All day long she kept saying to us, "Mommy, I'm not even yelling at you ... Daddy, I'm not even screaming ... I'm not fussing at you guys ..." You know that's something when your three year old notices a change in her behavior and how she feels. Hope it works for you too.
yeah milk alergies definitely run very strong in our family and kids can develope them or grow out of them at any moment. Adney was alergic to milk while I was nursing. Which meant I had no dairy for 8 months. (ahh!). But then as soon as he stopped nursing we tried him on soy milk and he was fine with that for a couple months and then it started giving him diarhea and he started not gaining weight as much. Then we tried lactaid and rice milk and finally just normal cow milk and he does best on cow milk for now. But i would not be suprised at all if it changed. haha. Good luck with Lexi! Give her kisses for me!
Post a Comment