Well, my memory card is still full. I just haven't had a chance to get Lexi off of me long enough to transfer everything to a cd.
This was supposed to be peter's 4 day weekend..he got called in 2 days but that's ok. On Thursday we took the kids to Salt Lake to see Zoo Lights. Normally our tradition is to go to temple square and walk around then go to JB's for dinner but we decided to mix it up this year and try the zoo lights thing. They had really cool lights but the kids didn't pay much attention. They thought that since we were at the zoo, we should see some animals. There were a few out but not many. So, they spent the whole time asking where the animals were and not paying much attention to the lights. Plus, it was COLD. oh well, guess we will have to do our temple square trip next week on peter's one day off:( Yes, I am sulking cuz we are getting close to christmas and Peter has to work Christmas eve and Christmas:(
The rest of the weekend was pretty boring, did go shopping for a bit on saturday with the kids...I hate crowds, remind me to never go on a saturday in december again!!
Last night I decided that I have HAD IT with Lexi being such a bad sleeper. until about 10 months old, she slept 12 hours a night. But the last couple months she has been getting up 5 or more times a night. She is clingy all day, and horrible at night. When the boys were little we let them cry themselves to sleep and after a night or two they learned and just got good at sleeping. well, the little princess has been spoiled and I decided to show her who was in charge.
I put her in bed and let her scream for about 10 minutes then I went in and layed her down and told her it was ok, never picked her up tho, then I left again. I let her scream for about 7 minutes this time and then went back in and did the same (when the boys did this, they cried for 10 minutes tops and then never again) Anyway, I continued to go back in and do this every five minutes until she gave up and went to sleep...an hour and a half later!! Ha ha...I win:)
she slept til about 1:30 and then woke up crying. I got her up to see if she wanted to eat, when I realized she didn't, I put her back in bed. She cried for a couple minutes, then I went in and layed her down and patted her back and then left and....no crying. She just went back to sleep:) HA I win again!! She slept til about 6:30 and then I got up and fed her a bottle and put her back in bed and she is still sleeping and it's 8:30:) And I actually was awake and just stayed up at 6:30...I know...soooo not me:) but I got lot's of stuff done so hopefully I wont feel so stressed when I have to hold her all day.
now, I am sitting here debating on waking up hadley or not. He came up around 7 crying that his tummy hurt and now he is asleep on the couch...he has never missed a day of school for being sick...hmm, don't know if i should make him go. he has to leave in 20 minutes if he does:) otherwise I have to go check him in, which means I would have to get dressed...dilemma
4 comments:
Braden has been sleeping terribly too!!! I wonder if its the one year molars coming in or what.....dang teething, it ruins everything, I tell ya!!
Hope things get better with the sleep thing. That is rough.
yay! improvement! I just know my next kid is going to be a monster and never sleep. But Adney (not to brag... haha) sleeps 12 hours at night and takes a 3 hour nap. It rocks. Lets hope lexi is catching on to how things are supposed to go. haha
Sweet! I love it when it works out like that!
Post a Comment