Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fan-freakin-tastic day!

So yesterday we went to Salt Lake to see the dr. it was a waste of time. I spent 45 minutes driving there, 1 hour and 45 minutes in the waiting room, 15 minutes with the dr. and 2 hours driving home in the rush hour traffic/snow storm. I thought they would do his tests, but no, they just looked him over then told me to go to the receptionist and schedule a day to come back and get an mri and eeg done! aaarrrghh, if I wasn't such a good person I would say something really not nice!
So this morning I woke up around 5am with a wonderful femine issue...sorry, I know thats waaaay too much info:) then around 7 I woke up and realized I could hardly breathe! I have the same horrible croupy coughy crap the kids have...thanx kids! So, I get up and get Hadley ready for school and his lunch made, gather the homework, all that good stuff. I go to start the car so that it can get warm before we leave, planning on heading to the store for some "supplies":) after I drop him at school...only to find that my keys were locked in the car! So, poor Hadley had to walk, he would suck as a pioneer! I called the locksmith and payed them $45 to unlock my car (I thought of you mary) so that I could head to the store.
Of course I was in my jammies and just threw on some sandals really quick. I find a super close parking spot *Score* walk thru the slush to the doors and there is a sign telling me they had a flood so I have to walk thru 50 more yards of slush to the other doors *stupid parking spot*
Anyway, I am home now, and stocked up on dr pepper and chocolate:) and I am not getting off the couch all day!! And sorry dear, I don't care what the house looks like so it may be a disaster when you get home tonight. In fact, I am sure it will be so just prepare yourself:)

*with my luck this will be the day my realtor calls and has someone who wants to see the house*

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm sorry! I hate days like this...thank goodness for the dr.pepper and chocolate. Who cares about the house? Okay...it's tough but I'm sure Peter was cool with it...after all I think he probably loves you and not your housekeeping skills.

Shelley Gee said...

Oh, and by the way, I have that same coughy, snotty, sore throat crap too!! No fair!

Jensen Memories said...

Have you found your sick hours yet? Love ya and hope you are feeling better soon.