Thursday, January 22, 2009

The House.

Well, after alot of counter-offers back and forth and alot of waiting and stressing, we got word today that our house is officially sold!

We are closing February 18th which means we have 27 days to pack and get out:) We are planning on having a 2 to 3 week overlap in an extend-a-stay hotel before we get into our next house. Even so, I am starting to stress! besides finding a new house and packing, I have a birthday party, a baptism and taxes to get done. between now and closing, Peter has 4 days off. One is Hadley's baptism and two of them are sundays:) which means I pretty much get to house shop and pack by myself, oh what fun!!!

Then there is the dilemma of school. By the time we sell and find a new house, Hadley will only have 7 or 8 weeks left of school. So we are trying to decide if we should finish out the school year, let him have some closure. or,make him be a new student for the last 2 months of the year. Everyone keeps telling us to move him so he can make friends before summer, but the thing about Utah, is people tend to hang out by "wards" so he will still meet kids at church and around the neighborhood. Kids he meets at school may not necessarily live by us.
There are also dilemma's with sports teams and all sorts of fun stuff like that. This is our first move with a kid that is old enough to be involved in things. It was much easier when Hadley was just little.

I am not looking forward to packing!:( the last time I packed, I only had 1 kid and we were moving from a small 2 bedroom apartment with no garage...we have so much crap now!!!
Despite all the stress I know I am going to have over the next couple months, I am so grateful that we were able to sell our house, especially in this economy. We will miss the friends we have made but we are excited to move on and make more and find a house we really love!!

5 comments:

Jensen Memories said...

Sounds like tons of work. But do not worry, you are super mom and can do anything. Have fun looking for a house.

Linda Gibbs said...

YAY!! Glad everything worked out for you!

Terry Family said...

What good news! I am glad your house sold. I got tired just reading about all that you have to do, but from what I can tell you have it in you to pull it off. I would offer to help if I lived close enough to do so, GOOD LUCK!

Erin S said...

Now the packing begins....!!! I actually like packing cause then I can clean and organize and get rid of stuff!

J and D said...

Holy cow Motgan! You've had a bunch happening in the last week! I've mostly been away from the PC, so I was catching up today and WOW. Just reading it, I had to take a few deep breaths for you!
I know the move and everything else will go great!
Congrats!