Saturday, January 17, 2009

Her royal grumpiness.

Lexi has gone down to one nap a day. She usually naps from 1 to 3ish and then goes to bed anywhere between 7 and 8 depending on her grumpiness level. Well, we have had so many showings on the house the last two days that her nap schedule has gotten really screwed up. Today, she got up quite early so she went down for a nap at 11 instead of 1. which means that about 6pm...she was READY FOR BED!

I put her in her highchair to feed her dinner. She HATES to sit down in that thing. Usually she just stands in it and eats but tonight she was trying to climb onto the table so I had to very sternly tell her NO! As you can see from the photo...she did not like that at all. And it all went downhill from there.

After making her get off the table I buckled her in...she didn't like that one bit!


Now she is doing the gasping breathing, starting to calm down but still making the moaning crying sound thing...you mom's know what I am talking about.
Well, she ended up so upset that she wasnt eating and was starting gag herself so I gave in and just let her out of the highchair alltogether. She promptly went to the computer chair and was trying to climb it. After several "no's" and some tears I gave in and brought the chair over to the table. Thinking she would just be happy to be standing on the chair and would calm down and eat. It worked for about 10 seconds until she started trying to climb onto the table again and I told her "no".


This was the point where I gave up. I realized she was just way to grumpy and tired to eat. so we went and took a bath, she was happy for a few minutes but was soon rubbing her eyes and just wanted out. Then she fell asleep only halfway thru her bottle. I am sure she will be up soon, hungry, but at least she is down now!


I wonder how much therapy she is going to need from her mom just snapping pictures while she was having her meltdown...I couldn't help it, it was so cute!:)




2 comments:

Shelley Gee said...

I probably think this is funnier than most, seeing as I don't have kids! I'm glad you took the pictures, they are VERY cute!

Erin said...

That's too funny...I think all moms can relate to this one! She's a cutie at least!!!