Monday, August 25, 2008

Saturday

Getting ready to head out the door to soccer
Hadley played goalie for the first quarter. Quickly discovered that you can't be the star scorer of the game if you're the goalie...say's he will never do it again.
Lexi just chillin at Devin's game. I assured her that someday the boys would have to sit thru her dance recitals!
Devin, taking off with the ball.
You can't see Devin cuz he is in front of all the kids, but you can see the ball going into the net.
My boyfriend washed my car!
Watching dad start the fire.
The boys cooking their hotdogs with Peter standing ready with the fire extinguisher ( we really aren't that paranoid, peter was just being silly)
Finishing the night with scripture reading on the deck. we thought that maybe if we did it outside instead of the living room they might actually sit still and be quiet long enough to hear some of it....
It actually worked until they discovered this bug on the chair next to Hadley, it was all over after that.


Saturday started off bright and early. Hadley had a soccer game at 8am...yes, you read that right 8am! Which means we had to get everybody up, dressed, fed and to the field by 7:45am....anyone who knows me, knows what a horrible morning this was! I HATE mornings...I absolutely despise getting up. But, we got up at 7 and had all 5 of us up, dressed and out the door by 7:30...yup, I am that good! Once we got to Devin's 10am game and it was already HOT...I actually missed the 8am game! I looked at the schedule tho and luckily no more....save those dang early games for those psycho "morning" people! What a morning...the two things I despise the most...getting up early and hot weather! Hadley lost his game, which was hard for him cuz they didn't lose a single game last year. Devin won his. it was so cute! Devin was pretty much the only one that knew what he was doing, the other kids were skipping around, playing with leaves and of course holding hands! It was nice to go to a game where it's not competitive yet and the parents can all still sit together and be nice:)
We came home and got the house cleaned up for the open house. When that was over Peter so kindly cleaned my car, inside and out...of course I made him cuz he forgot to close my windows the other day when he was sanding in the garage!
That night we did a fire...in my freakin awesome firepit that I built...seriously, I could work for hgtv!:) It was such a fun, busy day. We love it when daddy has saturday's off!

No comments: