Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of school

First day of Kindergarten
First day of first grade(not sure why he looks constipated)
Today, my big second grader!


Hadley started 2nd grade today. My baby is getting so big! Usually he rides his bike to school but he had all that first day of school stuff to carry so I gave him a ride today and thats when it hit me. At Barratt, the kindergarten and first grade line up on one side of the school and everyone else one the other side. So today I got to drop him off on the "big kid" side of the school. I actually teared up a little. He is getting so big. He is such a helper and I love him to death...most of the time:)
Poor Devin was bored to tears! We dropped Hadley at school then went to the gym (hopefully this will be routine) then went home (on the way home he asked if hadley would be there when we got home), put Lexi down and Devin went outside to play while I made beds and cleaned up breakfast and showered. I looked outside at one point to check on him and he was just sitting on a swing looking so lonely:( I took a picture but stupid me, had no memory card in the camera and I am too lazy to go downstairs and find the cable and hook up the camera to the computer to get the pic on here...you will just have to trust me, it would break your heart!
So, I did workbook stuff with him and let him help me make lunch and do laundry. We managed to survive our first day. This is one of the times I just hate the 3 year age gap between them!

1 comment:

Miriam Lusk said...

I love the first day of school! So exciting. You sound like you are such a cute mommy. I will have to remember the three year gap problem. Oh yeah- happy belated anniversary!