Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My day

Let's see, what did I do today. I went to the gym...3rd day in a row! I am so sore I can hardly walk but that's good...right?
I took Devin out to lunch. I bought Devin cleats and shinguards for soccer, oh yeah, and I saved Devin's life!
K, so we were out and about running errands. we had found a store that carries the smaller sized cleats so we went to get Devin some. He picked out his super cool cleats and immedietly ran in circles around the store while I was picking out shinguards and paying...yelling at the top of his lungs...see how fast they make me?!
Since we were in Orem and had to go take Hadley to soccer practice and wouldn't be home for a while we made a baby feeding pitstop at grandma's house. Devin was eating a lifesaver and playing with Hadley and somehow inhaled the lifesaver. Hadley comes screaming over with a panicked looking Devin..."he's choking, he's choking". So, I grabbed him and did the Heimlich...only it didn't work. I couldn't' get a good hold on him cuz he was freaking out. squirming and jumping up and down and pretty much acting like he was dying...for good reason I guess:) Since the Heimlich wasn't working(and at this point I was starting to panic a little) I decided to try the upward back thrusts...which are technically for babies...but I had to try something. And, it worked. In went air...out came vomit...lots of it. I was catching it in my hands so it wouldn't get on grandma's carpet while hadley took 12 years to find me a bowl...on a bright note...he had just had a frosty so it smelled like chocolate vomit:)
In over 7 years of being a mom that was the first and hopefully the last time I ever have to use my first aide training!

No comments: