Sunday, October 5, 2008

I really can't think of a name for this post...

So, I won't name it:). I am a little behind on posting..and hopefully this next week I will get our trip on here. but I have some good news...I don't have breast cancer! I know, most of you probably didn't know that it was a concern, I didn't see any point in worrying everybody til we knew there was something to worry about. To make a long story short, for the last 4 months I have been dealing with horrible breast pain on one side. My labs came back indicating something was wrong, they threw around the "c" word alot and I finally got in for an ultrasound and no cancer...good news, except that we still don't know what's causing the pain:(.
On that note, I have sad news...Lexi has decided she is done nursing. Before I even start let me just say that I dont' mean to offend anyone who doesn't breastfeed...it's a personal choice but for me...I love it, I cherish it and I am completely brokenhearted that she is done. I nursed both the boys til they were 15 months old and was planning on doing the same for her. None of my kids have ever in their lives had a bottle...ever! This last week she just stopped one day. I figured it was a nursing strike (both the boys did it) (you can google it if you don't know what that is) anyway, I wasn't too worried. I pumped a little with my hand pump to relieve pressure:) but she had no interest. by the second day..I seemed to have no milk left. I figured it was the crappy hand pump and went and rented a hospital one...pumped for about 4 hours...off and on of course and got 1 ounce. I have officially lost my milk...after two days!!! (maybe it's related to my pain) Anyway, she is taking bottles now...which absolutely makes me sick! I cry every nite to Peter about it. Peter says she is just a stubborn girl:) I am trying to think of it as a blessing in disguise...maybe my problems will go away now...or they will find out whats wrong. Oh well, we will see.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Hi Morgen, I stumbled across your blog this evening (found it from this site: http://posttuballigationsyndrome.blogspot.com/2008/06/worsening-symptoms.html).

The funny thing about blogging is that not only can your friends and family view it... but the rest of the world wide web can as well ;-).

1st off I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful family. 2nd I read a few of your posts and I was inspired to comment for several reasons... I, also, am a mother of 2 boys and 1 baby girl, my daughter is the youngest and a monkey too. Also, I suffer from PTLS and recently discovered this from doing my own internet research. And I loved to breastfeed my babies. My daughter is 17.5 months old now and still going strong. My 2nd son bf until he was 18 months and then that was it. I am scared to death that my daughter will want to stop breastfeeding as well... mainly because I'm afraid my PTLS will worsen... sometimes I think that's the only thing holding it back!

I have 2 websites... 1 for my personal blog (which has been on the back burner so long... just now starting to blog there again), it's www.comicalchaos.com; and a 2nd one dedicated to the subject of PTLS... www.ptlsrelief.org.

It is up to you as to whether or not you want to publish this post... but I hope you will visit my site(s) and share your story.

-Christi

PS. If you have any potty training tips for a very stubborn 3 y/o boy... I'm all ears! ;-)