Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day One 9/19

Getting started on the road. Hadley was still slightly annoyed/confused.
Lexi happily snoozing the drive away.
When we lost the tv sound, the boys were getting really rowdy. I looked back to find them fighting each other with their pillows on their heads.


We were planning on taking off about 1pm on friday. I had put off alot of packing til that morning and was kind of rushed. To top it off a piece of my tooth fell out the night before so I had to spend a good chunk of the morning at the dentist. I didn't have a cavity or anything I had just fractured my tooth and it finally cracked all the way. He says it's probably from all the ice I chewed during my pregnancy...I can't help my wierd cravings! He decided to just fill it instead of a full root canal to see if that would fix it...update: it did for two weeks, it's killing me again and I am going to go have to get the root canal:(.
We actually managed to get out the door about 1:30, not too shabby in my opinion. Once again the kids thought we were leaving the next week so we were going to suprise them, well, we had told Devin that morning. We went over to get Hadley from school and he was in an assembly and they pulled him out. He was very grumpy. I told him we had errands to run and that I wouldn't be done in time for school getting out so I was just taking him now...boy was he mad! He wanted to stay and watch the assembly. He was crying and upset...I just kept snickering waiting til he saw all the suitcases in the car. He was much happier once he found out.
So we hit the road and had a very uneventful first day. I cheated and put Lexi in a forward facing carseat (even tho she isn't big enough for it) for the trip thinking she would be happier. She was actually ok that first day from our house to vegas, mostly cuz she didn't realize what was going on, the next day she had it figured out and was a little grumpier.
Before our trip we had a tv intalled in the car so that kept the kids busy for a while...when we got close to vegas, apparently they just have so many radio stations that we lost our station that the movie sound comes from...that sucked!

No comments: