ahh, birthday's. Do they even count once your a mom and a wife? Since my birthday was on sunday, and we knew Peter worked we went out friday. He took me to Tucanos...yummy. I think the only time we go there is birthday's. Then he took me shopping for sunglasses. I had decided that I had taken good enough care of my crappy ones for long enough that I deserved nice ones. We were planning on getting Oakley's but the one's I liked were $200 and I just didn't want to spend that much on sunglasses, so we settled on a pair that was only $100...which was more of what I had in mind of spending. (technically, since they are the first birthday present Peter has ever gotten me, I could have spent the $200 and felt justified!) Hadley say's they look the same as my old ones ($10 at walmart) they may look similar but there is a big difference...really...I promise!
It was fun to go out, we usually don't go out for my birthday so it was fun to feel important for a nite. When my actual birthday rolled around I asked the kids if they knew what today was...uhhh sunday? they guessed. I told them it was my birthday and they said oh, and went back to watching cartoons. gotta love the kids!
Ok, I just read my post and realized that Peter sounds like a horrible husband:) so let me explain. Peter's birthday is the end of July, 3 weeks later is our anniversary and then 3 weeks after that is my birthday. We decided our first year of marriage that we would just do one big date for all three...since his birthday is first it usually happens on his day...oh well. Peter is one of those guys who takes you for exactly what you say, so when you say let's not do gifts...he doesn't do gifts...even when you still get him one...he just doesn't think that way. I know he is that way, and if I really wanted something...all I would have to do is say that I want something, but I really don't care. (except for the anniversary flower thing, and I know peter reads this at work...you know what I am talking about mister!)
He is a guy:) but he really is great and I love him!
2 comments:
Aren't guys funny? Gotta love them though. Kyle is the same way kind of. He always does a huge present (whether you want him to or not). But he isn't big on making a big deal about it. Like breakfast in bed, or not making me do the dishes on my birthday. That kind of stuff.
Good for you for taking good care of sunglasses. I never do. I will probably never buy a nice pair, because I will sit on them or let Adney play with them or lose them just like I would a $10 pair. Oh well, there are worst things in life.
Yeah, I give up on birthdays. This year Dallas wanted to surprise me with breakfast in bed so he took Carter to the store with him but it was too late, all the breakfast items were gone. So I didn't get anything!! Nice try though, right? And YAY for new sunglasses, its worth it to get a nice pair!!!
Post a Comment