So, I am stuck in this stupid walking foot cast thingy. I hate it, I loathe it, it really sucks! Those who know me, and know how well I tolerate summer and the heat...or don't tolerate it:) I am sure you can imagine how fun I am going to be to be around for the next 4 to 6 weeks. I am going to plant myself on an a/c vent and not move!
Why the stupid foot thing you ask? well, I will tell you...even if you didn't ask, cuz it's my blog and if I want to channel my inner "old person" and complain about my aches and pains for a minute then by gosh I am going to!!!:)Last september I started getting this horrible pain in the bottom of my heel. It felt like I was stepping onto a really sharp rock with every step I took. And honestly, that doesn't really cover it...the pain is hard to describe but it's awful! So, I went to the dr., they said I had plantar fascitis, which is when the tendon that runs along the bottom of your foot(and attaches at the bottom of your heel) gets really tight and inflammed. Anyhoo, they told me to get some inserts and wear shoes ALWAYS, and not sandals but supportive tennis shoes. and to ice it and stretch it. They said it would take at least a month or so to get better since you can't really not walk on a foot.
Well, I did all that. for 7 stinkin months. I wore the stupid ugly tennis shoes and it has just gotten worse and worse. A couple months ago, I started feeling stuff "crunching" inside my foot when I walked, then a couple weeks ago it got worse. My arch and up my ankle started swelling and now I have a big lump in my arch.
so I finally went back to the dr. He stuck me in the stupid boot for now and today I got an MRI on my foot. I guess he is worried that I may have actually ruptured the tendon...awesome!
so, hopefully we will get the mri results back soon and we will know which way to go with treatment.
wish me luck, and be glad you don't live by me while I am stuck in the boot!:)
6 comments:
Hey I feel for you. I had plantar fascitis about 4 years ago. I fought it for quite some time as well. I had to have numerous cortizone shots. I also had to wear the boot and did for many months. After wearing the boot for so long the pain started to lessen and then I had to wrap my foot with tape a special way for many more months. Occasionally I can feel it start to come back and I just start taping my foot again, right away. However, it sounds like yours has gotten much worse. I feel for ya. Maybe with the MRI the doctor will have a quick fix, expensive but quick.
P.s. I did finish the Twilight Series and loved every minute of it, well except the fact I am done with it. Definetly worth reading all of them again.
OUCH!!!!! That sounds horrible! I hope nothing is seriously wrong with your foot! I think you should get some little pom poms, some glittery glue and maybe some stickers and make that boot look REALLY COOL :D Good luck with that!
Oh the joys of life! Looks like you've been having fun! All your pics are cute! I've got to take my kids to that children's museum, it looks like the one in Houston and they loved it! They can run around and play with everything without getting yelled at! My kind of place!
I'm so sorry Morgan. That sucks.
P.S., if it is any consolation, you ARE too sexy for your shoe. ;)
Dang! Does it have to be so big? It is just your foot after all. It looks like the boot goes nearly to your knee. That is going to be hot. I hope you didn't rupture the tendon. Keep us posted.
Post a Comment