It doesn't help that we moved in on the worst weather week we have had in a while. It is super windy and if it's not raining, it's snowing and it's bitter cold! So, we haven't really met anyone yet cuz everyone is just staying inside.Plus, since the house technically isn't ours yet, the for sale sign is still out front so I don't think alot of people have realized we moved in. So, we moved in...Peter went right to work and I have been cooped up in the house un-packing all week, so it's given me alot of time to get homesick:( We will survive, change isn't easy but give us some time and we will love it here!
Hadley is doing great, of course! He started school tuesday and already had a playdate yesterday. He starts baseball and soccer this week. He has 2 games and 1 practice a week for baseball and 1 game and 1 practice a week for soccer...plus scouts, so he/I will be super busy for the next few months.
Devin is having a harder time. He doesn't seem to realize yet that he isn't going back to school. He hasn't had many opportunities to meet other kids yet. The house accross the street has 5 year old twin boys, if the weather was ever nice enough to go outside I am sure they would have lots of fun together! He should be starting soccer this next week too, I am just going to have to be really forward and introduce ourselves and set up playdates for him.
Lexi is happy as can be. She is fine now that we have all our furniture and familiar things back:)
we are already in love with the house! We pray everyday that nothing will go wrong and we will get to buy it...do you know how much that would suck if this fell thru and we had to pack up and move again?!
So I tried to run around and take a few pictures before we unloaded the van. They aren't great and apparently my flash wasn't working on some of them, but you get the idea....some quick stats on the house, it's just over 4000sf. Upstairs is a living room, a great room, 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, and a laundry room. it has a 3 car garage and is on .25acres. the downstairs isn't finished yet but we don't care. Our old house was 2100sf, the main floor of this house is almost as big as our entire old house so we aren't hurting for space.
This is the front of the house, don't mind the garbage can that had just been dropped off:)
The backyard.
The great room.
Close up of my kitchen (which I LOVE)
Lexi checking out her room.
The half bath..pretty exciting huh:)

The Master bedroom...no flash apparently.



8 comments:
Wow! What a gorgeous house. I'm sure you will settle in and it will feel like home in no time. Congrats on the house.
That is a BEAUTIFUL home!!!! And with so much space! I bet you will really enjoy that. I'll totally pray everything goes through with the bank! And if I am ever close, I'M COMMIN' FOR THAT TUB!!!! I hope I see you blogging more often, I MISSED YOU!!
It's beautiful Morgen! Hope everything works out and you get settled. I liked the pictures!
Congrats, what a great house! Hope things happen really soon so you can really feel settled. I'm totally with you on being the new person on the block-it sucks but will get better!
Cute house! I missed what neighborhood you are in. Jon's applied to several Utah counties as well as vegas so we may be making a move out of Rexburg. wahoo!
Wow!!! That's a nice house there. Next time I come to Utah we'll have to get together. Where are you guys at? I guess I missed that part too!
What a perfect house! I am so excited for you! I love the backyard too. Your kids are going to have SO much fun back there this summer.
NICE!!! You are going to love all that space! Dallas got a job in AZ so we are going house hunting the end of April and I am so excited!! Your home is beautiful. And, No, we aren't in Poky. We are living in Rexburg by the watertower in a home his dad built. So its kind of a drive to Blackfoot, but oh well, we don't have to pay rent. :)
Post a Comment