Monday, March 30, 2009

Boxes

What has been one of the main constants in our life for the last two months? Boxes!:) For two months we have been surrounded by boxes, and at the rate I am un-packing...it will be several more months:) I don't know what the kids are going to do once the boxes are gone, they have been a good source of entertainment.


As I was unpacking last week, I would throw the empty boxes to the bottom of the stairs for Peter to break up and put in a pile in the basement. The kids decided this pile was an awesome fort. (the picture doesn't capture the size of the pile, it was really deep)
I almost got a picture of them in the "fort" but they saw me and ducked for cover, you can kinda see Hadley's head.


Devin giving Lexi a ride in a box.


*sigh*! I, personally, am SICK of boxes. As much as I want them gone though, I am sick to death of packing/unpacking so I haven't done much of it lately. I am just so physically worn out from the last week of moving. Now I am actually sick, just a cold, but I feel like crap regardless. I look forward to the day where I finally get everything out of boxes, maybe once my cold goes away (and maybe if the weather would get better and be less cold and depressing) I will get motivated to finish.
I am never moving again!

3 comments:

arisa said...

your new house is beautiful! i'm so happy for you to be out of that terrible temporary stage. and i completely agree...there is nothing worse than moving!

Erin said...

I hate packing and unpacking too...I'm so sorry for you. That's one benefit of the military, they pack it all for you and put it in the house where you tell them too but you still have to unpack...could be worse! Hopefully you'll get feeling better soon.

Shelley Gee said...

I had to move 9 times when I was in college and I TOTALLY HATE IT! But, I can't imagine moving an entire family! I thought I had a lot of stuff, but a whole family, kuddos to you!! Plus being sick on top of that...it doesn't matter if you have the sniffles or a full blown influenza, it still makes you feel like crap. I am glad to see you on here more often. Thanks for you support with MR/MRS anonymous jerk face. It is good to know I have real friends who care :D