Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nothing exciting.

I made my way to the Orem library today, mostly cuz Hadley needed internet for school and my in-laws internet is painfuly slow;)
Nothing going on yet, we are still waiting to hear from the bank on the house we have an offer on. We are seriously starting to go stir crazy living in the basement apartment with not much to do. Hadley is convinced life can't get any worse, he goes to school with all his friends then has to watch them walk home together to play while he gets to jump in the car and go hang out in a basement with his family...poor kid. He actually sobbed the whole way home yesterday, it broke my heart. We are getting really anxious to get into a new house. This whole living in limbo thing is getting old really quick.
We took Devin to the dr, his fracture is really stable so they said he doesn't need the hard cast for 6 weeks like they originally thought. He just has to keep the soft one on for another week and then he is done, YAY!
With no internet, and no dvr and pretty much just living in a hole:) I have had to come up with stuff to do. I decided that what better time that to catch up on some reading. I thought I would see what all the fuss was about and start the "Twilight" books. Well, I bought the first one thinking it would last me a week or so...I finished it in 4 hours. I started 2 days ago and am almost done with book 3:)...it's safe to say I am hooked! I don't know what I am going to do when I finish them...any other good bood suggestions??
(this did remind me why I quit reading...it is pure torture for me to put down a book before I have finished it...can't/wont do it! So, I pretty much neglect the rest of my life when I read:) )

3 comments:

Erin said...

HAHAHA!!!! I think it's so funny that you are hooked now just like everyone else!!! I'm sorry that you guys are having such a hard time being stuck in limbo....it really sucks...i know all to well how you feel. I really hope it ends soon...just hang in there!

Shelley Gee said...

Just be glad you didn't start Twilight when you had to wait a year between each book! I got so frustrated I haven't even finished 3 and 4 can you believe it!!! Have you read any Betsy Brannon Green or Michelle Ashman Bell? If you like Anita Stansfield you will LOVE these books. Betsy Brannon Green is my favorite of the two because it is a mix of mystery and romance and there are probably 15-20 books by her. I will look through the rest of my books and let you know if there are other you might like. Oh, have you read Fire of the Covenant by Gerald Lund? Man if I had your phone number I would just call you and tell you all of this.

Erin S said...

You're just barely reading Twilight?? Haha, that's funny! I like Shelley's suggestions. The "Confessions of a Shopaholic" series is cute, pretty easy reading, a few words in there, I took white out to mine, if you lived close by, you could borrow them!