So we went house shopping yesterday. I had been thinking about this house all week. I loved the house, but all week couldn't help but be a little unsure about the neighborhood. Somebody in my ward made the comment that you can make your house what you want...but you can't really change your neighborhood.
Our realtor took us to the house I loved, Peter also really like the house but was also not thrilled with the neighborhood. So we took a couple of hours and looked at some other houses. We found another one that we liked that was in a better neighborhood. The first house was 3900sf all finished. This house is 3600sf, but the basement isn't finished. It's the same price as the finished one so I guess we are paying for location:) We are putting in an offer this week and we will see how it goes.
With the first house, we were 99% happy with the house but only about 60% happy with the neighborhood. This new house, we are 100% happy with the neighborhood and about 95% happy with the house:) there are a few things we will have to change over time, but like my friend said, we can make the house what we want!
We are excited and hopefully we can get a price agreed upon this week so we have a place to go when our month is up in the rental:)
p.s. This new house is alot closer to our good friends. Hadley would go to the same school as his best friend and I think that will really help ease the stress of moving the last 2 months of the school year, we also started signing them up for baseball and soccer out there so jumping right into that will hopefully make this move as stress-free as possible!!
Again...no pics until we know it's ours...sorry:) (posting pics makes it feel more like ours and then I will be disapointed if the offer doesn't go thru)
3 comments:
I hope your find a house that works well for everyone. Good luck.
I hate big decision making. Sounds like you're almost done though! Can't wait to see what it looks like!
I hope it all works out for you! Good luck and I hope we get to see you for a little bit while we're there!
Post a Comment