We have started a new tradition at our house, well, we actually started it 3 weeks ago but it's still new:). I am big on tradition, I learned that from my Aunt that raised me. One tradition I have been meaning to start for a long time now is having a weekly pizza and movie night. We decided on friday's since it's not a school night and saturday "is the day we get ready for sunday":)
I wanted to have a night (besides fhe) that was just about us hanging out and having fun. When the kids are teenagers and out hanging out with friends and they are looking for something to do...I want them(and all our friends) to know that if it's a Friday...you can swing by the Olson's for some pizza and a movie!!
This is going to sound totally cheesy...but I want to be the Sunny Delight mom. You know, all those commercials from the late 90's early 00's...where all the kids want to hang out at her house:), I know, I am a dork! But, I want to have the fun house that all our kids friend's (and ours) want to hang out at.
Our first movie night didn't go so well. I decided that day that we were going to start it and the kids wanted to see the new Brenden Fraser "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie. I went to Red Box (I LOVE redbox) and there was a movie by that title in the new releases so I got it. It ended up being this pg-13 movie with all these gun-toting girls in tank tops with foul mouths! It was the wrong one...who would have thought that there were two movies by that name coming out about the same time. So, we ended up having to pay-per-view it so it cost us 7 buck total instead of 1...oh, well, I guess you learn. The movie was cute by the way, I like Brenden Fraser.
The next movie night Peter was off and the Laker's were on so I had to get a little verbal with him about honoring our new tradition. He saw the light and caved:) We watched Nim's Island, which was also cute.
Tonights' movie...Wall-E.
So, if you ever find yourself in American Fork on a Friday night...come hang out with us!! Just call ahead so we can make sure there is enough pizza...or bring some with you:)
Warning: for the next few years it will most likely be kids movies:)
3 comments:
What an awesome tradition! I want to come to movie night!
That's cool. If I lived close enough we would definitely try to crash your house for pizza and a movie. We have tried to do the same thing but haven't gotten it nailed down. Maybe you can help motivate me by yours working!!!
Yay for Movies & Pizza with the fam! Totally the way to go. :D
Post a Comment