We spent most of the week at the pool trying to add a little color to our white winter skin.

We explored the strip and the kids thought all the people dressed up were funny.

Had to walk thru the Bellagio gardens.

Waiting for the Bellagio fountains to start.

Silly kids.

We spent a day at the Hoover Dam. This sign at the entrance to the memorial bridge sums it all up.

The boys actually braved it and posed for a picture by the railing.

This is the memorial bridge from the Dam...it was high. I am TERRIFIED of heights, I have never actually been paralyzed with fear until this bridge, I thought if I stayed to the side and just went out far enough to get a picture I would be ok but I seriously couldn't move I was so dang scared!:(

But I got my picture! I couldn't let my journey be for nothing!





We went to the Silverton casino. They had a big aquarium and twice a day a diver goes in to feed the fish and answer questions.

Hadley off in his own world. If you know him, you know he loves all things ocean related and has wanted to be a marine biologist since he was 5yrs old. We probably could have left him there all day:)

They had a girl dressed up as a mermaid come and swim around the tank. Lexi seemed like she was really enjoying it but as the girl swam to the top to get out, Lexi said "I think she is going to get the REAL mermaid!"
Devin took one look at her and said "she has a zipper down her back, that's not a real mermaid" I'm wondering why my 8yr old son thought that the mermaid might actually be real?!
We went to Caesars Palace and walked around the shops. We had perfect timing cuz the Atlantis show started right as we were walking by. I didn't really get it, when it was over the kids looked at each other and said "that was wierd"

We saw the worlds largest chocolate fountain. we got to it and the kids said "we just get to look at it?!" Apparently they thought we would be gettting to eat it:)

We explored the wildlife habitat at the Flamingo. Doesn't Lexi look so happy:)

Our last night there we finally made it down to Fremont Street. Got pictures with rock stars and watched the light show.

We had a lot of fun getting away and enjoying the warm weather. Peter has been working 80+ hours a week so it was nice to just have a full week with him.
We went to Caesars Palace and walked around the shops. We had perfect timing cuz the Atlantis show started right as we were walking by. I didn't really get it, when it was over the kids looked at each other and said "that was wierd"

We saw the worlds largest chocolate fountain. we got to it and the kids said "we just get to look at it?!" Apparently they thought we would be gettting to eat it:)

We explored the wildlife habitat at the Flamingo. Doesn't Lexi look so happy:)

Our last night there we finally made it down to Fremont Street. Got pictures with rock stars and watched the light show.


We had a lot of fun getting away and enjoying the warm weather. Peter has been working 80+ hours a week so it was nice to just have a full week with him.
Now we are home and sports is starting up. Practices have been going for a few weeks but games officially kick off tomorrow.
Both boys are doing soccer and baseball this spring. Hadley also made the accelerated baseball team this year. Tomorrow, between the 2 boys we have 6 games! and they don't overlap so we really have about 8hrs of sports!
I had to get spring break blogged before tomorrow and my life is taken over by my childrens activities for the next 2.5 months. and no, that's not complaining...I love it!!:) I can't wait til fall when we get to throw dance for Lexi into the mix!






No comments:
Post a Comment