Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fun at the Fair!

Well, how complete would fall be without a trip to the Utah State Fair?? Not very! I will be honest, I love me a good fair...it's about as close as I ever want to get to farm life again though!:) Unfortunately the fair here never quite lives up to the memories I have from the Eastern Idaho State Fair...not sure if that is because I was younger and more immersed in that lifestyle or the awesome memories of the concerts with my roomate Mary, or if Eastern Idaho just knows how to do a good fair??:)


There was a kids activity area where the kids had to do a bunch of farm chores like...


brushing sheep,


feeding cows (I literally just shuddered at the memory of the real thing!...good thing they didn't have a pipe moving section!!!):)


Picking apples,


Planting and picking a garden. (insert more shuddering!)


When they were done they got 'paid' and got to go get a prize with their money. You can see Hadley is less than thrilled with his earnings:)


They had a tractor racing arena.




Lexi loved the rides!


And what do you know....they even had a sea lion show?!?! How random is that? Just made us long for the beach and Seaworld.


1 comment:

Melissa Sutton said...

yah, . . .this looks MUCH more entertaining than our fair ...my kids would LOVE it! .......Glad your back online btw :)