Monday, December 14, 2009

Our Weekend.

friday night we went with our friends, the Willie's, to temple square to see the lights.


I tried to get a picture of the kids in front of the Christus but my flash wasnt working for some reason and so I just got the outline of my kids:)








us, in all our bundled up glory.




An attempt to get a picture of our hubbies and all the kids. Lexi is walking off and who knows what Hadley and Spencer are doing??





This is my hubby, who can't take a serious picture, and lexi all bundled up in the stroller, warmer than all of us.




The red tree...always my favorite. you have to see it in person to really appreciate how many lights are on it.






Is it possible to get a bad picture of this temple? I think not.









The tree inside the Joseph Smith Memorial building. it was huge and georgeous. I loved the colors on it. they had the same color green that I picked out for my new tree and they also had cream and a burgandy color with it...I have decided that next year I am adding those colors to my tree too!











We went to the top of the JSM building to check out the view....and warm up:)






















on the way back down all 10 of us plus one regular stroller and one double stroller CRAMMED into the elavator. Tanya said I needed a picture of all of us crammed in there so I put the camera up and took a picture....all I got was Tanya;)






then off to JB's for hot cocoa and dessert!
This was the Willie's first trip to temple square for the lights. it was cold and the kids were a little rowdy. it was REALLY crowded. there was a MoTab concert that night and Elmo live that night..it was insane downtown. I could tell Tanya was thinking she would never do this again so I told her that it's like childbirth...by next christmas you will have forgotten how bad it was and you will do it again:)
I know that most years it seems like alot more work than fun...at least for the parent's. but I know that my kids will always remember this tradition and they love it...so until the day it actually does kill me:) we will keep doing it!






Saturday night Peter and I went to the Jazz/Laker game. It was horrible...if you are a Laker fan:) the dang Laker's just couldn't make their shots and the Jazz couldn't miss. they beat us by 8 points and we had to do the walk of shame out of the arena in our Laker gear....always fun:) we still had a blast tho!












Earlier that morning we had the ward breakfast, which was yummy and fun. then we went with the Merrell's to the clubhouse to see santa.

Hadley thought he was too cool for santa. I did get him to kinda sit on his lap though.









Devin is at that age where he just loves santa and really get's into the whole thing. He is convinced, and telling everyone, that santa is bringing him and ipod touch. I keep telling him that santa knows he is only 5 and would like toys better...but he wont be swayed. hopefully he wont be too disappointed christmas morning cuz I really doubt santa got him an ipod!!






And Lexi HATED it:)








the kids had some late nights and a long weekend. it caught up with Lexi after church on sunday.







Lexi sat on the counter while I was making dinner. she had a pile of frozen peas that she was eating and for some reason decided to eat like a dog.













Peter putting some final touches on my shelves that he built in the garage.







Good job dear! I love them. we filled them with christmas decorations and camping stuff, and other random things that we only use like once a year. now they are neatly tucked out of the way.




We may or may not have taken a couple truck loads of garbage over to the other Richmond subdivision and put it in their dumpsters:) Oh well, I have more room in my garage now and Richmond owes me for making me handwash my dishes for 2 weeks!


(if you didn't know, they installed our dishwasher wrong and it didnt' get fixed for 2 weeks)




It was a fun/busy weekend. eventually we will be unpacked and settled into this house and Peter can actually have a day off on his day off. I feel so bad putting him to work as soon as he has time off....but there is just so much to do still!
























3 comments:

Elder Paysen Adams said...

Fun! We are going to temple square tomorrow! :0) What great times!

Erin said...

Holy COW!!! I can't believe you actually had enough time over the weekend to do all that fun stuff! It looks like you guys had so much fun. Temple Square is always fun no matter how crowded it may be! I'm excited cuz we get to go on Sunday...woo-hoo!

Bridgette said...

I actually really like that picture of your kids in front of the Christus statue. I think the silhouette look really came out nicely.