Saturday we headed out to the annual Christmas parade in Tooele. it was cold, but the parade was short and sweet...and they threw candy...(unlike lame Oregon parades!):)
This is Lexi getting out of the car...still warm and happy:)
all of the kiddos waiting in the back of the car for the parade to start.
We met up with Tanya and her family there. these are my kids and hers before the parade (lexi, hadley, devin. spencer, amber and megan)

Here comes Santa!


Lexi got cold pretty quickly and spent the whole parade crying. but when she saw Santa she tried to be excited...while crying:)

After the parade I took the kids out for breakfast. and of course, hot chocolate!

The boys begged for their own tree this year so I got them a little 3 foot tree for their room. I let them use my old ornaments to decorate it.

They love it!

Lexi helping hang ornaments.

All finished! I finally got myself some new ornaments this year. When we were teenagers, my aunt had us pick a "theme"...she was all about the themed trees. well, I picked snowmen & mittens. it was a great idea and it was awesome to have all those decorations for the first few years of marriage when you can't afford that kind of stuff (I hated getting them as gifts as a teen tho!!:)) anyway, it is hard to pick your "theme" at 15 and hope you will still like it when you are 30. needless to say I am a little sick of snowmen!! So I decided to start getting some new ones. I only got a few this year but will build up the stash over time:) My aunt had the most beautiful blue and silver tree and so I thought about doing blue and silver cuz I had always loved it so much...but then I found these bluish-green ornaments that I loved and went with that and silver instead...I know, a HUGE difference:) what can I say, I think outside the box:)
you cant see the color great...I definately have more silver than blue so far.


2 comments:
Sounds like you're getting into the Christmas spirit...you go girl!
Your such a cool mom to let your kids have a tree in their room. I love your tree, and the ribbon around it. I am going to have to steel that idea next year because if I have to put up one more tree and string beads ever again I will go crazy!!!
Post a Comment