Saturday, January 16, 2010

I have lost the will to blog.

(as you can see by the date, I did upload a couple pics and tried to blog a while ago, I just didn't finish it)

I have had absolutely no desire to get on here for the last month or so. it's not for lack of things to blog about...I just don't want to:) So, I will do a blog with some random pics from january...who knows, maybe it will inspire me and I will do some more....don't hold your breath tho:)

January has just been busy. Hadley is playing on an indoor soccer team right now. Hadley AND Devin are playing Jr. Jazz Basketball right now. The boys had birthdays, lexi is just crazy as usual, peter is still working almost 70 hours a week. I am busy being mommy and of course having fun:) I get together on Monday nights with a group of girls to watch The Bachelor...cuz it's a blast to watch/make fun of. Book Club started back up so we went out to dinner to pick our books for the year. I had girls night out last week, we went to dinner and to see When in Rome(super cute/funny).

Yesterday we hosted a SuperBowl party. I am still full today:) and the house is kind of a disaster from it but I am doing nothing about it cuz I need time to recover from last week. Lexi was super sick and therefore SUPER clingy. I got nothing done. Now Devin is getting sick and Hadley is full blown sick. He is supposed to be turning in his science fair project tomorrow but had to get an extension cuz he has been sick and hasn't been able to finish it (we were planning on doing the display board this weekend but he got sick)

To top it all off, I discovered some new books...and if you know me, once I start a book/series, I can't put it down til it's done. so I read 11 books in just over a week...dont worry there was a break in between:) I started reading the Vampire Academy books the weekend of the new year. I read 4 of them in 3 days. SOOOO good. There are 4 books out right now and 2 more coming out, the next not until May (I may die waiting) (there are 6 more in the works after that written from another characters pov) and don't make fun of me:) I freely admit that I am a twihard, but this series...blew twilight out of the water...for me anyway! they are currently making their way thru my friends in the neighborhood.:)

Then, the author of that series recommended the Morganville Vampire series, there are currently 7 of those out...2 more coming. They were good...not great...but good enuf to hold my attention. also, a REALLY easy read. I read all 7 in 4 days. a couple days I even read 2 in a day. Don't judge me:) I swear I didn't completely neglect my kids and house...I just got no sleep:)



So, that is our January. We will finish up the sports this month. then in March we are off to SoCal for spring break...I wish that was now!



The boys waiting to meet the Jazz player at the pizza night for Jr. Jazz...to be completely honest. I have not been impressed with how it is run and will probably never put my kids in it again. (to be fair, I am sure not all area's are like this, each county runs their own.)



The Jazz player...of course some foreign guy I have never heard of and barely spoke english. he was so nervous at first, then halfway in he decided he was a stand-up comedian and was trying to be funny...only you couldn't understand him. plus, he totally killed some kids playing a game of lightning...then after he beat the last kid, somebody came up and said something to him and he turned to the audience and said "oops, I guess I was supposed to let one of you beat me"


The boys had their birthday on January 22nd.(I will do seperate party posts later) I wanted to start their day off good so I had balloons and their present from us waiting at their seat at the table when they woke up that day.



Since they share a birthday, we try to seperate it as much as possible. we usually do 2 cakes, but this year it just didn't happen. We gave them seperate parties tho...and sang to them individually so hopefully they didn't mind sharing the cake.











They spent one saturday pulling each other up and down the hallway on blankets. they finally talked me into pulling them all in a train.





My dad sent Lexi a bucket with stuffed frogs in it for christmas...she pushes them around the house in her stroller.





Now, hopefully the following pictures don't mean she is going to be obsessed with tattoo's when she is older!! her favorite thing to do is draw on herself. pens, markers, sharpies...whatever she can get her hand on. when she finds a pen, she immedietly pulls up her pant leg and starts coloring. I don't think she has been without some kind of ink on her skin a single day in the last month.


















This was just cute:) she woke up quite grumpy from her nap the other day. she just sat on the landing and cried for a while. she got really mad when I got out the camera:)








Peter helping Hadley stretch before either basketball or soccer (not sure which) and lexi came up and started copying him, and then devin joined in.







Peter's parents got us an RC Willey gift card for christmas. we used it to help us buy this cute table for my hallway. the picture doesn't really do it justice. it makes it look actually alot brighter/pea green than it is. it's more of a sage-ey green with cream antiquing around the edges. it is super cute, I love it:)





The last weekend before kids had to head back to school, I took them (and one friend each) to Kangaroo Zoo. This is Lexi playing with M&M's while the boys ran around....yes, I helped her sort those....I also freely admit that I am a little OCD! I always have to have my M&M's sorted like that to be able to eat them:)









just playing at Kangaroo Zoo. Hadley actually got lexi to go on a few of the inflatables....we are making progress(slowly) on her whole scared of everything phase!





















4 comments:

Tanya said...

I too have lost the will to blog. Perhaps it was the holidays, or a bit of spring fever with the "warming" temps. Who knows, but get your butt in gear and keep blogging!

Miriam Lusk said...

Hey welcome back! A little break from blogging is totally allowed every so often (at least in my book). You are such a cute mommy. I love hearing about all the fun things you do for them.

twinzmama said...

I totally know what you mean!! The babies are doing so many new and exciting things and do you think I'm getting any of it down...no. I love all the pics of your kids, they are so cute!!

sunni said...

welcome back to blogging land....but, it looks like you are due for another few posts! i have blogged lately, but i am not too impressed with my posts :) the kids look great. and...i am going to read the books you recommended! let me know if you find any other good vampire books. i also adore vampire stuff!!