Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy 10th.

I don't have any pictures because 1. we got married before digital camera's and I dont have a scanner. and 2. after my falling out with my family, I realized my aunt still had all my wedding photo's and she wont give them to me:)
so you will just have to imagine how young and skinny and adorable we were 10 years ago:)
Monday (the 17th) was our 10th anniversary. I wrote a pretty grumpy post earlier cuz I was ticked off at Peter..but I deleted it after about an hour and now I am writing a nicer one.
First, in case you are wondering why I was mad at him...and I know you are;) My darling hubby is the kind of guy who months and months in advance will make sure he ask's for Superbowl Sunday off..but never once has thought to ask for our anniversary off. I even gave him a big talk last year about how I was sick of being the only one that did anything for it and since next year was #10..he better do something.
well, he forgot to get it off and I was pretty ticked off. but he redeemed himself...after I yelled at him. He showed up home from work with 2 dozen roses and then took us all out to dinner (that's what happens when you don't plan ahead and get a sitter..you eat your anniversary dinner with 3 rowdy kids) Over dinner he gave me some really nice earrings that were lexi's birthstone. He also got me my new food storage shelf that I had asked for.
overall, it ended up being a good night. good job dear! I love you and cant' wait to see if you remember to get our 20th off!!:)
in honor of our 10th anniversary, I have decided to list 10 things I love about Peter.

1. He is super-laid back and puts up with how emotional and non-laid back I am
2. He works super hard for us. Works extra hours just so I can stay home with my babies.
3. He thinks I am beautiful...even tho I gained 80lbs having his babies.
4. I love that he is shy and quiet around other people but that around me he turns into this wild, crazy goofball...I love that I bring that out in him.
5. he is funny. and more importantly...he thinks I am funny!!!:)
6. He only makes fun of my ocd tendencies a little bit;)
7. He ALWAYS kisses me goodbye in the morning. even tho it's 5am and I am barely coherant.
8. let's face it...he is pretty good lookin!!
9. he knows me better than anyone else in the whole world, and still likes me.
10. he is my best friend

I love you dear, and all you do for us. I can't wait to spend another 10 years with you, and another and another!!!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Anniversary!

I have to be the planner and pretty much spell everything out for Brent on anniversaries and birthdays. Oh well! They make up for it in other ways!

Candria said...

Happy Anniversary! Cute post!

Jensen Memories said...

I am glad your day turned around for you and that you had a good day. When we went on our Anniversary date last weekend, I asked Owen if he wanted me to get a sitter. And he said NO! He likes taking her with us.

Bridgette said...

Happy Anniversary! I think he is a pretty lucky guy too. :)

sunni said...

way to go! y'all deserve every happiness marriage can bring :)

Alicia said...

Congrats! I'm glad that he redeemed himself. :)